117 people, with histories, families and dreams have died so far in 2008.
We Are America
About FIRMThe Fair Immigration Reform Movement (FIRM) is a national coalition of grassroots organizations fighting for immigrant rights at the local, state and federal level. Learn more about who we are.
Get the Standing FIRM Feed
Crossing BordersClick to download "Crossing Borders," a curriculum on building relationships across differences, from our friends at the Black Organizing Project.
Tag CloudAction Actions Black Brown and Beyond Border Broader Social Justice Civic Participation Comprehensive Immigration Reform Detention Editorials Elections enforcement FIRM Spotlight hate crimes Hate groups Health Care Immigrant Rights Immigration Blogs immigration news International Immigrant Rights Local Immigrant's Rights May 1 political nominatiosn Press Release Raids Resources State Level Immigrant's Rights Uncategorized Updates Worker's Rights Youth
- New Wave of Local Intiatives Seek to Restore Trust Damaged by DHS Arizona Style Policies, Push Back Against Secure Communities Program July 10, 2012California TRUST Act, DC Bill Set New ‘Commonsense’ Trend 07.10.2012. Washington, DC. Days after the California senate passed a “Post- Arizona SB1070” bill called the TRUST act, and on the day the Washington DC council is signed a similar bill (Bill … Continue reading →Logan M.
- National Organizations Announce Record Latino Voter Mobilization Effort June 28, 2012(WASHINGTON, D.C.) – The nation’s leading Latino advocacy and civil rights non-profit organizations have come together to mobilize eligible Latino voters across the country, protect their right to vote, and ensure that they remain a vital part of our democracy … Continue reading →Logan M.
- Supreme Court Says Yes to Racial Profiling June 25, 2012Latinos, Immigrant Communities Prepared to Voice Objections at Ballot Box (WASHINGTON)—The Supreme Court today upheld Arizona’s vehemently anti-immigrant “show me your papers” law. “The Supreme Court dealt a major setback to justice for everyone. The impact of this decision … Continue reading →Logan M.
- Obama Administration Makes Dream Come True for DREAM Students June 18, 2012Halt to Deportation for ALL DREAMers (WASHINGTON)—The Obama Administration today made the dream come true for DREAM students by immediately halting deportation for children who were brought to America by their immigrant parents and want nothing more than to continue … Continue reading →Logan M.
- Latino and Immigrant Leaders, Attorneys and Advocates Say Implementation of Prosecutorial Discretion Policy is Failing June 11, 2012One Year After Obama Administration Announces New Deportation Policy, Progress Report Using DHS Data Shows Fewer Individuals Getting Relief and Those Getting Relief are Getting a Worse Deal Washington, DC – After a growing outcry by immigrants, allies, and Members of Congress, … Continue reading →Logan M.
- New Wave of Local Intiatives Seek to Restore Trust Damaged by DHS Arizona Style Policies, Push Back Against Secure Communities Program July 10, 2012
- Reform_Immigration_FOR_America on Facebook